The Model BV86 Brodie Two-Stage Control Valve is a two-stage hydraulically actuated control valve designed to utilize the flow stream as the source of power.
It is commonly used with a positive displacement flowmeter with a mechanical preset counter to provide shock-free two-stage closure.
Through the use of optional accessory pilots, mounted in series with the BV86 pilot, functions such as back pressure, pressure reducing, or rate of flow control can be obtained.
The main valve includes a strainer in the hydraulic pilot fluid supply line and a needle valve to control closing speed.
Low flow rate is controlled by the adjustable position of the hydraulic pilot.
High flow rate is not limited unless a flow limiting control function is specified.Features
- Modular construction - all internal parts including seat ring can be removed with the cylinder assembly without disturbing line connections
- No diaphragms or stuffing boxes
- 45° body design assures high capacity
- Positive shut-off
- Uniform speed of response
- Linear control characteristics
- Inherently checks reverse flow
- O-Ring plus metal-metal seat
- Characterized ports for better low flow response
Enclosure, Body Material
- Carbon Steel (ASTM -A216-GR-WCB)
- 90 to 700 Cv-gpm
Materials of Construction
- Main Valve Cylinder: 630 (17-4) Stainless Steel
- Main Valve Piston: Stainless Steel
Seat / Seal Material
- Seal (O-Ring): Viton Standard
- Seat Ring: Stainless Steel
- Seat: Metal
- 2”: 90 Cv/gpm
- 3” 190 Cv/gpm
- 4” 315 Cv/gpm
- 6”: 700 Cv/gpm
Maximum Working Pressure @ 100 °F
- 150 lb ANSI: 285 psi
- 300 lb ANSI: 740 psi