The Protectoseal combination safety fuel cap, pressure / vacuum relief device is designed for installation in fuel tank openings of gasoline or diesel-powered industrial trucks and equipment such as forklifts, tractors and airport ground support equipment.
The perforated metal flash arrester keeps a flame from entering the tank, thereby preventing explosion of the confined vapors within the tank.
Safety fittings provide sufficient pressure relief to prevent tank rupture and sufficient vacuum relief to facilitate gas flow from the tank.
The spring-loaded, self-closing cap protects against evaporation losses.Features
- Manually engaged compression spring latch ensures sealing of the large cap opening at low pressures, while also providing automatic pressure relief if the tank pressure increases beyond normal limits, preventing tank rupture.
- Self-closing, hinged cap design provides vacuum relief to facilitate flow while controlling fugitive emissions at positive pressures below the relief setting. Torsion spring keeps cap closed at all times except when filling.
- Perforated metal flash arrester allows flow of liquid into the tank during filling but prohibits entry of an external flame into the connected fill pipe. Screen also serves as a strainer to prevent particulate matter from entering the tank minimizing fuel contamination.
- Padlock opening prevents theft or unauthorized access. Use of padlock does not impair the automatic pressure relief capability of the spring loaded cap assembly.
- Durable, lead-free finish, color coded to indicate specific industry standard storage application: RED designates gasoline; GREEN to designate diesel.
Enclosure, Body Material
- 1-1/2” NPS Female
- 1-1/2” NPS Male
- 2” NPS Female
- 2” NPS Male
- 2-1/2” NPS Male
- 3” NPS Male
- 2-1/2” NPT Female
- 3” NPT Female
- 4” NPT Female
- 4” NPT Male
- 2”-18 Female UNS-2B
- 2.085”-12 Female UNS-2B
- 2-1/2”-8 Female UN-2B
- 2-1/4”-16 Female UN-2B
- 2-1/8”-14 Male UNS-2A