CIVACON Portable “Cane Probes” provide for portable overfill detection in cargo tank and rail tank car loading operations where a fixed sensor is not installed or is impractical to use, such as top loading of railcars.
When properly used, our Portable “Cane Probe”, in conjunction with and when connected to a CIVACON compatible Loading Rack Monitor, will help ensures that an impending overfill condition in the railcar or tank is properly detected.
Using CIVACON's optic sensor technology, when the “Cane Probe” detects liquid - a pending overfill condition, the connected Loading Rack Monitor’s relay output contacts will change status to a “nonpermissive” state.
The Loading Rack Monitor’s relay output contacts can be interlocked as the application requires to shut down or prevent the loading of the cargo tanker or rail tank car.
All CIVACON Portable “Cane” Sensors models are intrinsically safe for use in hazardous areas per their individual ratings packaged with each product.
ALL are industry standard ‘5Wire Optic” signal format - to the Loading Rack Monitor.Features
- Two Series Offerings of Wetted Materials - Aluminum or Stainless Steel - Allow Users to Choices which is Best for Their Application and Product Compatibility Needs
- Two Styles Available:
- Universal Clamp-type for Open-dome Sensing
- Kamlok® Type for Closed Systems
- Universal-clamp Type Works for Both Open Chemical / Rail Car Domes and Petroleum Manholes.
- Four Standard Sizes: 20", 36", 48" and 60 / 62"
- 15 or 30-foot Coiled Cable and 7-way Plug Connects Probe Easily to the Mating Junction Box Socket
- Easy Removal for Transfer to Another Loading Point
- Sensing Ends are Guarded / Protected from Physical Damage
- Industry Standard 5-wire Optic Signal Format
- New Style with Sensor End Easily Field Replaceable