The PV/ELR type Protego valve is a highly developed combined pressure and vacuum relief valve with excellent flow performance.
Typically the valve is installed in the in-and outbreathing lines of tanks, vessels and process apparatus to protect against unallowable high and low pressure.
The valve prevents emission losses almost up to the set pressure and prevents air intake almost up to set vacuum.
The device will start to open as soon as the set pressure is reached and only requires 10% overpressure to full lift. Continuous investments into research and development have allowed Protego to develop a low pressure valve which has the same opening characteristic as a high pressure safety relief valve.
This "full lift type" technology allows the valve to be set just 10% below the maximum allowable working pressure or vacuum (MAWP or MAWV) of the tank and still safely vent the required mass flow.
The opening characteristic is the same for pressure and vacuum relief.Features
- "Full lift type” technology valve utilizes only 10% overpressure to reach full lift
- Extreme tightness and hence least possible product losses and reduced environmental pollution
- The set pressure is close to the opening pressure which results in best possible pressure management of the system
- High flow capacity
- The valve pallet is guided within the housing to protect against freezing in cold weather
- Can be installed in explosion hazardous areas
- Self-actuated condensate drain
- Compact design saves space
- Special design with lifting gear can be purchased
- Maintenance friendly design
Approvals & Certifications
- ISO 6358, ISO 16016
- TÜV (Technischer Uberwachungsverein)
Enclosure, Body Material
- Stainless Steel
Flange Size - 3” (DN 80)
- 3” (DN 80) - 150# ASME B16.5
Flange Size - 4” (DN 100)
- 4” (DN 100) - 150# ASME B16.5
- Raised Face (RF)
- Smooth Finish
Materials of Construction
- Heating Jacket, Weather Hood, Valve Pallet, Protective Mesh Screen: Stainless Steel
- Heating Jacket, Weather Hood: Steel
- Valve Pallet: Aluminum
- psi: 0.029 to 3.046 (kPa: 0.2 to 21, Mbar: 2 to 210)
- psi: -0.725 to -0.050 (kPa: -5 to -0.35, Mbar: -50 to -3.5) - Vaccum
Seat / Seal Material
- Seal: FEP
- Seal: Metal
- Seal: PTFE
- Valve Seat: Stainless Steel