The SmartRadar FlexLine automatic tank gauge (ATG) combines innovative software algorithms with our proven planar antenna technology for the precision you need in custody transfer and inventory applications.
What is It?
Honeywell’s portfolio of radar tank gauges include:
- SmartRadar FlexLine suitable for highly accurate level measurement on large bulk storage tanks.
- SmartRadar FlexLine combines new software algorithms with Honeywell Enraf’s planar antennae technology to provide precision levels demanded for custody transfer accuracy.
- Free Space Antenna portfolio for SmartRadar FlexLine starts from smaller 6” antenna to 8” antenna, designed to address all installation needs on cone roof tanks. The planar antennas for stilling well covers stilling well application ranging from 6’ to 24’ diameter stilling wells.
How Does It Work?
In the most challenging circumstances such as dome roofs and bad stilling wells, SmartRadar FlexLine maintains its ultra-high-performance level on a wide range of applications and various tank conditions. The Enhanced Performance Signal processing enables the radar tank gauge to provide an accurate level reading even in difficult applications (close to the tank shell) and prevents the need for a costly stilling well. The FlexLine radar tank gauge has been certified for use in SIL-2 and SIL-3 applications by the TÜV which allows it to be used in overfill protection applications. Additional diagnostics have been added to detect hardware failures, while a 2004D voting algorithm will detect, report and isolate failures on the boards without interrupting the loading or unloading of a tank.
What Problems Does it Solve?
The FlexLine offers high flexibility that can be used for dedicated tank applications such as independent overfill protection, floating roof monitoring, rim fire detection, roof immersion compensation, etc. The FlexLine wireless option reduces the cost for wiring infrastructure and increases flexibility as various instruments can be added to the network without adding cables. The radar tank gauge is also certified for use in custody transfer applications.Features
- No rip-and-replace
- Use existing power and signal TRL/2 cabling
- No hot work required
- Keep existing accessories like temperature sensors and HART™ based pressure transmitters
- Seamlessly integrate with existing field communication units through the proprietary protocol such as TRL/2, and also serial RS232 or RS485 Modbus RTU.
- Minimal shutdown for installation and commissioning.
- Performance as per w&m requirements even with smaller nozzles of 6” or 8”
- Suitable for stilling well size up to 24”
- Best in class diagnostic cycle time of <3 msec
- Performs even in stilling wells with reduced size opening
- Unmatched safety features allow maximum utilization of tank storage capacity
- Smaller beam angle allows nozzle closer to tank shell
- LCD graphic display 64 x 128 dotsM
- 5 key touch panel
Dimensions (w x h x d)
- 247 mm x 266 mm x 100 mm (9 3/4” x 10 7/16” x 3 15/16”)
- 5 kg (11 lb)
- M20 or 3/4” NPT (with adapter)
- -25° C to +65° C (-13° F to +149° F)
- IP66 / IP67, according to EN-IEC 60529 (NEMA 4)
- Explosion proof
- Zone 1 Ex ia IIB T4 according to IECEx
- II 2G Ex ia IIB T4 according to ATEX
- Class I, Div. 1, Groups C and D, according to ANSI NFPA 70 (FM, USA) pending
- Chrome free coated aluminum (< 0.5 % magnesium)T
Electrical Power supply
- Intrinsically safe from SmartRadar FlexLineTransmission
- Hart physical layer Enraf SmartView protocol
- Twisted pair shielded Rmax. = 25 Ω / Line. The maximum cable length is determined by the total resistance (sum of load resistor and cable resistance) and total capacitance (sum of cable capacitance and the capacitances of the connected devices), refer to HART Communication Foundation document number HCF_SPEC-54 (FSK Physical Layer Specification) for detailed length calculations
- V_Loop [Exia} IIB
- GND_loop Uo = 23.1 V, Io = 124 mA, Po = 0.6 W, Co = 1.0 μF, Lo = 9 mH
- For railing 111/2” , 2” or 3”