The Haws 9400 AXION® Steam Water Heater replaces hot water tanks when pressurized steam is available. When an emergency shower or eyewash is activated, the flow of water opens a steam control valve.
The steam enters a brazed plate heat exchanger, instantly heating the water. This mixing valve blends hot and cold water to produce an output of 80° F (27° C ) tepid water.
Additional valves keep the system preheated, freeze protected and scald protected. The steam valve will remain closed should there be a loss of water pressure.
This station complies with the ANSI Z358.1 standard and mixing valve is designed to meet ASSE 1071
Prop 65 Warning. For California Residents Warning: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm.Features
- Flow Rates: Provides 3 to 25 GPM (11 to 95 LPM) of tepid water.
- Operation: Operates on typical plant steam pressure, 45 - 60 PSIG (3 - 4 BAR) is recommended. Steam and water never mix, separated by brazed plate heat exchanger. Low pressure system is available for 15 - 30 PSIG (1-2 BAR) steam.
- Designed to meet ASSE 1071 Requirements: Unit employs a paraffin-filled thermostatic mixing element that controls the valve spool to blend exactly the correct proportions of hot and cold water to achieve the target set-point. The valve spool is treated with a special non-stick coating that minimizes buildup of minerals and particulates that can cause valve sticking. The mixing valve design allows accurate control of flow from full shower flow to the low eyewash flow ratings shown.
- Installation: Ease of installation, uses existing plant saturated steam and potable water supply. Union connections are provided for quick installation. Compact, lightweight design, easily supported by pipe connections.
- Servicing: Durable, protective enclosure can be readily removed for servicing.
- Medically Superior Response®: AXION’s superior design and technology provide a complete safety solution for increased victim comfort.
Outlet Flow Rate
- Maximum: 25 GPM 95 LPM
- Minimum: 3 GPM 11 LPM
Ambient Operating Temperature
- Maximum: 120° F 49° C
- Minimum: -30° F -34° C
Inlet Water Pressure
- Maximum: 90 psig 6 BAR
- Minimum: 55 psig 4 BAR
Inlet Water Temperature
- Maximum: 80° F 27° C
- Minimum: 40° F 4° C
Inlet Saturated Steam Pressure
- Maximum: 60 psig 4 BAR
- Minimum: 45 psig 3 BAR
Saturated Steam Temperature
- Maximum: 350° F 177° C
Cold Water Bypass Flow Rate
- 24 GPM @ 25 psi Pressure Drop
Water Inlet & Outlet Pipe Size
- 1-1/4” NPT (F)
Steam Supply & Condensate Pipe Size
- 1” NPT (F)
- 600 lb/hr @ 25 GPM Flow Rate, 20 lb/hr @ Idle
Condensate Discharge Rate
- 12 GPH maximum
Pressure Drop Water Inlet
- 25 psi @ 25 GPM