The Model BV54 Brodie Rate of Flow Control Valve is normally opened and designed to maintain a controlled flow rate within +/-2%.
The pilot is balanced, single seated valve with large ports and will operate on a differential as low as 5 psi (34.5 kPa).
The Model BV54 valve is pilot operated and operates on a balanced piston principle, spring biased to a closed position.
Pressure differential overcomes the force of the spring, causing the main valve to open and establish flow.
The Rate of Flow (Flow Limiting) Valve is normally open and throttles toward a closed position on increasing differential pressure.Features
- Modular construction - all internal parts including seat ring can be removed with the cylinder assembly without disturbing line connections
- No diaphragms or stuffing boxes
- 45° body design assures high capacity
- Positive shut-off
- Uniform speed of response
- Linear control characteristics
- Inherently checks reverse flow
- O-Ring plus metal-metal seat
- Characterized ports for better low flow response
Enclosure, Body Material
- Carbon Steel (ASTM -A216-GR-WCB)
Flange Size - 4” (DN 100)
- 4” (DN 100) - 150# ANSI
- 4” (DN 100) - 300# ANSI
- 4” (DN 100) - PN 25
- 4” (DN 100) - PN 64
Materials of Construction
- Main Valve Cylinder: 630 (17-4) Stainless Steel
- Main Valve Piston: Stainless Steel
Seat / Seal Material
- O-Ring: Viton Standard
- Seat Ring: Stainless Steel
- Seat: Metal
- 2”: 90 Cv/gpm
- 3”: 190 Cv/gpm
- 4”: 315 Cv/gpm
- 6”: 700 Cv/gpm