The Fisher DFA (Desuperheater with Flexible Architecture) incorporates both a water control element and a variable geometry, mechanically atomized, self-contained desuperheater for moderate to high flow variation.
The DFA is installed through a flanged connection on the side of an NPS 8 or larger pipeline.Features
- Custom designed bodies with a probe-style desuperheater, matched with multiple trim styles are able to meet almost any face-to-face, piping, or application requirements.
- Optimized spray pattern with AF nozzle technology allows for a wide operating range to achieve optimal mixing and quick vaporization at all flowing conditions.
- Nozzles can be easily removed, maintained, or replaced without having to replace the entire unit.
- The nozzle mount is engineered to minimize the potential for excitation due to vortex shedding and flow induced vibration.
- Multiple nozzle configurations are available to provide medium to large amounts of spray water to cool steam to the required temperature.
- Uses a forged construction, optimized to move weld joints away from high stress regions.
- An integral thermal liner inside the desuperheater body pipe minimizes the potential for thermal shock when cool water is introduced.
- Increased wear-resistance of hardened, stainless steel trim means longer lasting service. When inspection or maintenance is necessary, the body can stay in the pipeline during removal of trim parts. Maintenance is simple and can easily be performed u.
- Rugged seat guiding and cage guiding provides increased valve plug stability, which reduces vibration and mechanical noise.
- Valve trim is capable of full pressure drops and, in most cases, common with the Fisher easy-e™ and HP valves which reduces trim inventory costs.
Approvals & Certifications
- PED, CRN
- Steam Conditioning
- Equal Percentage, Modified Equal Percentage, Linear, Special Characterization
- SA105, F22, F91
- High Temperature
- Contact Your Local Emerson Business Partner or Sales Office to Learn About Additional Specifications or Options for This Product.
Process Connection Type
- Class V (FCI 70-2)
- NPS 3, NPS 4
Valve Size Standard