OMNTEC’s LU and LPD leak-detection and overfill-alarm systems provide continuous, accurate monitoring in a variety of applications. Typical applications are reservoirs, sumps, dry interstitial spaces and dispenser pans.
These easy-to-install controllers alarm for in tank levels and leak conditions. The LU controllers are capable of accepting up to 9 sensors for high level and leak detection.
The LPD controllers are capable of accepting up to 9 sensors for in tank levels and product distinguishing leak detection.
The electro-optic sensors used with these controllers allow users to easily cycle all sensors through a simulated leak, with the press of a single button.
This feature eliminates the need to remove the sensor from its location.
An alarm condition is visually signaled by a dedicated LED indicator, which remains lit until the alarm condition is corrected.
Alarm conditions are audibly annunciated via a 95-decibel piezoelectric pulsing horn. RA-series remote annunciators add high-level remote audio-visual alarms without the need for external AC power.
The LU-SP series controllers accommodate a variety of special applications.
The NEMA 4X rating of the LU and LPD series controllers indicates a weatherproof, corrosion-resistant product.
These controllers are ruggedly constructed to provide reliable and cost-effective performance.Features
- NEMA4X weatherproof, corrosion‐resistant
- Remote sensor testing
- Acknowledge switch
- Test switch
- System detect light
- Easily installed
- Low‐voltage remote annunciator outputs
- Relay outputs (see specifications)
- LED indicators rated MTBF 11 years
- Specific sensor LED
- Inputs accept either high level, caution level or leak sensors
- Low level alarm (LPD controllers only)
- Distinguishes liquid hydrocarbons from water (LPD controllers only)
- Removable sensor input connectors
- U.L. listed
- Third‐party certified
- Cost effective
- Modified controllers for special applications
- NEMA 4X
- 85-125 Vac, 47-440 Hz 16 watts maximum
Power to Sensor
- 2 Vdc @ 13 mA Intrinsically safe for Class I, Group D hazardous locations
- Shielded 22 AWG with drain wire (OMNTEC EC-4 or EC-12) Max. length 2,000 feet
- Audible alarm: 95 dB pulsing horn
- Red lights: High level alarm (L-Series), Liquid-leak alarm (LWF and LS-ASC)
- Amber Light: Low level alarm (L-Series), Water-leak alarm (PD-Series)
- Green light: Power is on (system detecting)
- Horn-off button: Silences horn (auto time-out also included)
- Test button: Tests entire system electronics, from sensors to control panel
- SPST normally open dry contact
- 0.5 amp, 120 AC
- Switches when an alarm condition occurs
- 12 Vdc
- 0° F to 140° F
- U.L. listed 5L04 Third-party certified