The Protego in-line valve DV/ZU is a state-of-the-art pressure and vacuum relief valve with separate flange connections for pressure and vacuum breathing.
Typically the valve is installed in the in-and out-breathing lines of tanks, vessels and process apparatus to protect against unallowable high and low pressure.
The valve prevents emission losses almost up to the set pressure and prevents air intake almost up to set vacuum.
The valve is designed so that in cases in which the set pressure is exceeded the vapors are vented into a discharge pipe (e.g. vent header).
When the set vacuum is exceeded atmospheric air is pulled into the system.
Due to its design the vacuum valve pallet is one size smaller than the pressure valve pallet.
The spring loaded design of the pressure pallet allows achieving higher set pressures.Features
- "Full lift type" technology valve utilizes only 10% overpressure to reach full lift
- High performance seal reducing product loss below EPA's 500 ppm rule preventing environmental pollution
- Based on 10% technology the set pressure is close to the opening pressure which results in best possible pressure management of the system compared to conventional 40% or 100% technology valves
- Optimized flow performance, which reduces capital cost to a minimum as smaller sized valves may be used
- Separate flange connection for in-and outbreathing line
- Can be installed in explosion hazardous areas
- Housing designed to psi: 150 (kpa: 1,034, bar: 10.34) (PN 10)
- Spring loaded pressure side to achieve higher set pressures
- Maintenance friendly design
Approvals & Certifications
- ISO 6358, ISO 16016
- TÜV (Technischer Uberwachungsverein)
Enclosure, Body Material
- Stainless Steel
Flange Size - 1-1/2” (DN 40)
- 1-1/2” (DN 40) - 150# ASME B16.5
Flange Size - 2” (DN 50)
- 2” (DN 50) - 150# ASME B16.5
Flange Size - 3” (DN 80)
- 3” (DN 80) - 150# ASME B16.5
Flange Size - 4” (DN 100)
- 4” (DN 100) - 150# ASME B16.5
Flange Size - 6” (DN 150)
- 6” (DN 150) - 150# ASME B16.5
- Raised Face (RF)
- Smooth Finish
Materials of Construction
- Heating Jacket, Valve Pallet: Stainless Steel
- Heating Jacket: Steel
- Valve Pallet: Aluminum
- psi: -0.725 to -0.050 (kPa: -5 to -0.35, Mbar: -50 to -3.5) - Vacuum
- psi: 0.870 to 7.252 (kPa: 6 to 50, Mbar: 60 to 500)
Seat / Seal Material
- Seal: FEP
- Seal: Metal
- Valve Seat: Stainless Steel
- Pressure Spring: Stainless Steel