Honeywell Tanksystem’s HERMetic UTImeter Gtex is a Portable Gas Tight Liquid Level Gauge designed for closed gauging of hydrocarbons and chemicals.
It ensures increased safety and efficiency in cargo control measurement, custody transfer, temperature verification and free water detection on marine vessels.
What Is It?
HERMetic UTImeter Gtex enables three measurements in a single operation:
- Ullage level measurement
- Temperature verification
- Oil-water interface level detection
It is available in four versions:
- HERMetic UTImeter Gtex with 1-inch sensing probe, FKM gaskets for key hydrocarbon applications
- HERMetic UTImeter Gtex Chem with 1-inch sensing probe, FFKM gaskets and tape connector for use with corrosive liquids
- HERMetic UTImeter Gtex Visc or HERMetic UTImeter Gtex Chem Visc with 2-inch load on the sensing probe, recommended for high viscous products in hydrocarbons or corrosive liquids.
HERMetic UTImeter Gtex allows easy battery exchange and can be fitted with interchangeable adaptors for connection on different vapor control valves. The tape cleaning devices, window wiper and tape protection are standard parts.
How Does It Work?
The sensor of HERMetic UTImeter Gtex is calibrated once at the factory and does not require subsequent calibration. The temperature probe is an RTD element, with its characteristics stored inside the sensor.
The sensor sends true temperature values to the electronic package. Therefore, changing a sensor or a tape does not require a new calibration.
The unit complies with a host of regulations, including:
- IMO (Solas 74, MARPOL 73/78)
- ISO (4512, 3170, 4268)
- API (MPMS Chap 3.1A, MPMS Chap 7, MPMS Chap 8.1, MPMS Chap 17.11)
- IP (PMM Part III-1, PMM Part IV)
- EC Directive 89/336/EEC (EMC)
- EC Directive 94/9/EC (MED)
- EC Directive 96/98/EC (ATEX 100a).
It has been approved by:
- National authorities (USCG, MSA, GOST-R)
- All major classification societies
- ATEX, IECEx, Factory Mutual, NEPSI, GOST standard.
What Problems Does It Solve?
Honeywell’s HERMetic UTImeter Gtex allows static verification of the liquid level in a tank and continuous temperature reading of the liquid with high repeatability, thanks to the electronic detection principle.
The fully modular unit ensures accuracy and stability, while reducing maintenance costs for users.