Well-suited for bottom-loading applications with vehicles outfitted with Optic sensors, and also suited for overfill protection while top-loading railcars or tank trucks.
Generates a unique, pulsed - and intrinsically safe - electrical signal that is transmitted to the sensors via a coiled cord and optic-format plug.
When sensors on the transport are dry a signal is returned to the monitor.
If the signal meets pre-determined characteristics the monitor goes to a “permissive” state, which changes the status light on the front of the 8100 Series Optic Rack Monitor from red: “non-permissive” to green: “permissive”.
If the sensor becomes wet, the relay is opened and the status light changes from green to red: non-permissive, shutting down the loading process.
The Model 8130 Optic Monitor with Ground Verification includes displayed status of the optic sensor: “permissive” or “non-permissive”, and mode of operation.
If the bypass mode is activated the green and red status lights will flash alternately.
If the monitor does not receive a proper ground verification signal, the red status light will flash repeatedly, shutting down the loading process.
Ground verification cannot be bypassed.Features
- Combined Optic Monitoring with Ground Verification in a Single Unit
- Monitors Up to 12 Optic Compartments
- Utilizes Industry Standard Optic Signal Format
- Led Lamps Provide Long Life, Reliability
- Light-weight yet Rugged; Easy to Handle, Mount and Install
- Available with Exclusive "Smart Remote" Tamper-resistant Keyed Bypass Switch; Provides Flexibility and Increased Safety
- -40° F to 140° F
- -40° C to 60° C
- 120 Vac 60 Hz
- 10 VA or 240 Vac - Please specify
Output Relay Contacts
- 240 Vac - 5A
- 0.5 seconds maximum
- Dry to wet transition
- Internal terminal strips
- NEMA 4 explosion-proof aluminum housing
- 8130 - 13 lbs
- 6 kg
- UL/CUL Class I, Division I, Groups C & D
- Provided with the monitor.
- Can also be accessed and downloaded via website.
- 8130 Optic Rack Monitor System and Associated Eqpt Manual - H52496PA pdf 208 KB
- 8460SRC Replacmenet Chassis for Scully ST-6 And Biclops Monitors - H52332PA pdf 866 KB
- 85XX Rack Monitor System and Associated Eqpt Manual - H52433PA pdf 2.0 MB
- Civacon 8030 Ground Verification Rack Monitor System and Associated Eqpt Installation Operations Manual - H52497PA pdf 187 KB
- Model 1386 Opti-Therm Rack Tester Manual - H52403PA pdf 130 KB
- Opti-Therm Rack Monitor System and Associated Eqpt Installation Operations Manual - H51688PA pdf 218 KB