Slick Sleuth systems are used in a wide variety of industrial and environmental applications for real-time detection of oil leaks and spills at refineries, terminals, power plants, airports, and other industrial facilities where early warning spill detection and control is needed. Should a leak or spill occur, Slick Sleuth provides instant detection and notification, enabling users to contain the spill and avoid environmental damage, costly cleanup, fines, and regulatory penalties.
The Slick Sleuth SS300-EXd is designed for installation in rugged settings such as over sumps and separators, weirs, storm water and processwater sewers, outfalls, discharges, and retention ponds. The SS320-EXd is designed for longerrange installation on deep-sumps, terminal piers, and offshore structures.
The patented, non-contact, scanning optics and detection system provide highly-sensitive detection capability. User-adjustable alarm thresholds can be set to detect small (micron-level) sheens and oil slick events. Slick Sleuth’s output signals can be used to activate local and remote alarms, as inputs to central monitoring and control systems (SCADA, PLC, etc.), actuate valves, shut off pumps, and initiate other corrective measures.
Slick Sleuth automated oil spill detector can be used over dry or wet surfaces, but typically it is mounted over still or moving water. Non-contact sampling eliminates problems with aquatic growth or fouling due to debris, ice, or oily residue— reducing the need for maintenance and facilitating ease of installation and access Sensors may be operated as stand-alone systems or as networked arrays with seamless integration to end user’s data acquisition system (e.g., SCADA or PLC).
They may also be installed as multi-unit networked systems using modems and remote access via web user interface and mobile devices. Slick Sleuth oil spill detection systems deliver significant cost savings and environmental benefits to operators, based upon reliable, allweather, easy-to-use, and low maintenance technology.
The Slick Sleuth™ SS300 is used in a wide variety of industrial and environmental applications for remote detection of oil leaks and spills. The Slick Sleuth SS300 provides real-time detection and alarm notification, enabling users to contain the leak or spill and thereby adverting environmental damages, costly cleanup, fines, regulatory penalties and negative publicity.
The Slick Sleuth SS300’s optical sensor detects small (micron-level) amount of oil in real-time and can send signals to automatically activate or deactivate pumps, open or close valves, activate audio/visual alarms and send alarms to remote locations over wireless communications (radio telemetry or cellular networks). The Slick Sleuth SS300 can also be interfaced to the facility’s central monitoring and control system (SCADA, PLC, etc.).
The Slick Sleuth SS300 is designed and manufactured for deployment in rugged settings such as offshore, coasts, harbors, inland waterways, industrial spillways, over sumps and separators, retention ponds and other environments where oil spill are of concern. The Slick Sleuth SS300 is easily installed 1-to-5 meters above the water (or dry surface) and has no contact with any potential contaminants.
The non-contact technology eliminates problems such as aquatic/marine biofouling or problems associated with debris on oil contaminants thereby assuring continuous operations and significantly reduced maintenance. The Slick Sleuth SS300 is ideal for the detection of oil leaks and spills on fresh, brackish or saltwater; or on solid surfaces such as the ground or concrete.Features
- Real-Time Oil Spill Detection
- Non-Contact Sensor System
- High Sensitivity & Low Maintenance
- Industrial Plants, Terminals, & Offshore
- Market Proven—Best Available Technology
- Automated, Optical, Non-Contact Sensor Patented UV Filter-Fluorometer Methodology Oil On Water Detection: Crude, Lube, Hydraulic, Jet/Aviation, Diesel, Fuel Oil, Turbine, Transformer, and Many Others (contact factory to inquire about types of oil detected)
- Automated, optical, non-contact sensor Patented UV filter-fluorometer technology Broad-range sensor detects crude, lube, hydraulic, fuel, jet, turbine, hydraulic, transformer, & many other types of oils Contact factory to inquire about specific oils
- 1 ± Micron Sheen
- User Adjustable Sensitivity
- Discrete Alarm and/or Scaled Signal Output
- 1-to-5 Meters (Distance Above Surface)
- SS300-EXd up to 4.5 meters; SS320-EXd up to 9 meters (over ground or water)
- -10 to +60° C (Standard) -35 to +60° C (Optional)
- Stainless Steel NEMA 4X, IP66, Weatherproof Housing External Ports: Power In, Signal Out, USB Serial Interface 4-Corner Mounting Tabs
- EXd: Aluminum 5086, powder-coated, see EX/flameproof ratings below External Ports - Power In, Signal Out, USB Serial Interface
- Purge System for Hazardous Gas Locations (Contact Factory)
- Approx. 8-1/4” x 12-1/4” x 15-1/2” / 21cm x 31cm x 39cm (D x W x H)
- EXd: Approx. 20” H x 18” W x 12” D (51cm x 46cm x 31cm)
- Approx. 30 lbs / 13 kg
- EXd: Approx. 139 lb (63 kg)
- 85-264 Vac, 50/60 Hz (DC Option Available - Contact Factory
- 85-264 Vac, 50/60 Hz (DC Input - Contact Factory)
UV Light Source
- Xenon Flash Used to Generate a Collimated Beam
- Pulsed xenon flash Collimated conical beam - 14° (SS300-EXd) and 7° (SS320-EXd)
UV Flash Life
- 5 Years (typical) at Highest Sampling Rate (e.g. 2 Hz)Local
- Status and Alarm Indicators (Red/Green LEDs) Oil Detection Relay (DPDT), Equipment Status Relay (SPDT) Serial: USB, RS-232, RS-485, and Modbus Current Loop / 0-20 mA
- Radio, GSM/CDMA Cellular, Wi-Fi, Satellite - Contact Factory
- Sensor Operates Autonomously
- Utility Program Used During Set-up and to Adjust Settings
- Slick Sleuth Base Station Software (Optional)
- CE Marked Conforms to US EPA Standards (EPA/530/UST-90/009) Technology Patented by InterOcean Systems, LLC
- 2-Year InterOcean Factory Warranty Standard