The V/SV-XL type Protego valve is a highly developed optimized vacuum relief valve with excellent flow performance.
It is primarily used as a safety device for relieving vacuum in tanks, containers and process engineering equipment.
The valve offers reliable protection against vacuum, and prevents inbreathing of air close to the set pressure.
The device will start to open as soon as the set pressure is reached and only requires 10% overpressure to full lift.
Continuous investments into research and development have allowed Protego to develop a low pressure valve which has the same opening characteristic as a high pressure safety relief valve.
This "full lift type" technology allows the valve to be set just 10% below the maximum allowable working pressure of the tank and still safely vent the required mass flow.Features
- "Full lift type" technology valve utilizes only 10% overpressure to reach full lift
- Extreme tightness and hence least possible product losses and reduced environmental pollution
- The set pressure is close to the opening pressure which results in best possible pressure management of the system
- High optimized flow capacity
- The valve pallet is guided within the housing to protect against harsh weather conditions
- Can be used in areas subject to explosion hazards
- Self draining
- Maintenance friendly design
- Best technology for API-tanks
Approvals & Certifications
- ISO 6358, ISO 16016
- TÜV (Technischer Uberwachungsverein)
- Stainless Steel
Enclosure, Body Material
- Stainless Steel
Flange Size - 12” (DN 300)
- 12” (DN 300) - 150# ASME B16.5
- Raised Face (RF)
- Smooth Finish
Materials of Construction
- Heating Jacket, Valve Pallet: Stainless Steel
- Heating Jacket: Steel
- Valve Pallet: Aluminum
- psi: -0.232 to -0.029 (kPa: -1.6 to -0.2, Mbar: -16 to -2) Vacuum
Seat / Seal Material
- Seal: FEP
- Seal: Metal
- Seal: PTFE
- Valve Seat: Stainless Steel