The 2920 Float & Tape Transmitter (FTT) provides data from the tank side to the control room for use in inventory management applications.
It accurately converts mechanical level measurement from the connected tank gauge, integrates temperature and HART devices, and provides digital inputs and digital outputs for the indication of alarms or drive relays.
Absolute Accuracy and Reliability
The 2920 FTT utilizes an absolute capacitance encoder and precision direct-drive gearing to accurately convert the mechanical level measurement from the connected tank gauge – the most accurate encoder technology on the market today.
Furthermore, the encoder requires no service, no battery back-up and contains no parts that can wear out over time.
Complete Tank Gauging System
The 2920 FTT integrates ancillary equipment, and sensors, and provides the first steps to automation and control.
It supports up to 4 HART devices and provides an on‐board 3‐wire RTD temperature input. It can activate alarms or relays using analog and digital inputs/outputs, SPDT cam-operated outputs and software-driven contact outputs.Features
- Digital display with capacitive touch control interface provides inventory information at the tank side and configuration of the transmitter for all connected devices
- Easy in-service installation - mounts directly to most mechanical tank gauges, including Varec, L&J, and GSI
- Industry Standard Protocols - MODBUS, GPU Bi-Phase Mark, Mark/Space, and L&J Tankway
- Integrate ancillary equipment and sensors - supports up to 4 HART devices and provides an on-board 3-wire RTD temperature input
- Activate alarms or relays with; 2 discrete inputs (as standard), 4 discrete inputs and 4 contact outputs (as option) or 2-4 SPDT camoperated switches (as option)
- Approved for hazardous areas: cFMus, ATEX, IECEx, RoHS
Accuracy & Repeatability
- ± 1/16″
- 0 to 120 ft
- 0 to 36 m
- Limit Switch Range up to 100 ft
- EIA-485/GSI Type Modbus®
- Biphase Mark
- L&J Tankway
- Standard: 20 to 65 Vdc 0.05A
- Optional: 40 to 65 / 110 / 220-240 Vac
- Built-in galvanic isolation for both AC and DC models
- 750 mW nominal, 50/60 Hz
- High-accuracy 20-bit analog-to-digital converter. 3-wire RTD Copper (CU90, CU100) or Platinum (PT100).
- Standard: (DC Unit)
- Option: Two (2) discrete inputs.
- Optional: (AC Unit): 4 discrete inputs
- Host signal: Open/Closed
- Optional (AC Unit): Four (4) software-driven contact outputs
- Host signal: Open/Closed
- Ratings: 0.6 A @ 125 Vac, 1 A @ 30 Vdc, 0.6 A @ 110 Vdc
- Analog Input (x1) 4-20 mA
- Analog Output (x2) 3.5 to 22 mA
- HART master for ancillary devices Typically 4 max., depending on current consumption
- 11 amp - 125, 250, 277 Vac
- 4 amp - 125 Vac Tungsten filament Lamp
- Load: 1/3 HP - 125 Vac, 250 Vdc
- Load: 1/2 amp - 125 Vdc, 1/4 amp - 250 Vdc
- cFMus (USA & Canada) - Explosion proof: Class I, Div. 1, Groups C&D T5 -25° C ≤ Ta ≤ +85° C
- Flameproof, Class I, Zone 1, AEx/Ex d IIB T5 -20° C ≤ Ta ≤ +85° C
- ATEX/IECEx (International) - Flameproof, Class I, Zone 1, Ex II 2G, Ex d IIB T5 Gb -20° C ≤ Ta ≤ +85° C